School: All Host Schools must be an accredited primary or secondary school and be able to offer a temporary full time teaching position in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Written Offer: Host Schools must make a formal written offer for each exchange teacher. The offer must contain; salary, duties, position offered, location and dates (duration; up to 3 years) of program.
Salary: Host schools are required to offer a competitive salary to exchange teachers that is comparable with what an American teacher with the same qualifications and experience would receive.
Additional Host School Responsibilities:
- Participate in the selection process of the teacher candidates.
- Be familiar with the regulations and requirements of the program.
- Assign participant to a TEMPORARY FULL TIME teaching position.
- Assign a veteran teacher to serve as a mentor of the exchange educator.
- Provide clear expectations and resources to effectively perform the teaching assignment.
- Provide participants the support and professional development needed to facilitate the success of the participating exchange teacher.